Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for visiting the library
**Please be courteous to other patrons by keeping your voices down, especially in the designated Quiet Study areas**
A Few Things:
- Parking is available in Lot 11 and the Old Capital Town Center Garage. These are pay to park lots.
- There is space available for one bus to park behind the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center (at Burlington and Madison.) Available first-come, first-serve.
- Each student will be given a Guest Access login and password in order to use the computers to access electronic resources in the Main Library.
- Computers will be available exclusively for NHD use in room 4037 and/or room 1015.
- Other computers are available on the 1st floor (central corridor) and the 2nd floor (southeast corner)
- Please do not have food or beverages around the computers
- You are encouraged to bring a flash drive or other storage device
Copying and Printing
- Copiers are located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. Copies cost 15 cents per page
- In order to print you will need a print key. These can be purchased at the Food for Thought cafe on the 1st floor of the library. Information about using print keys can be found here: http://helpdesk.its.uiowa.edu/printing/instructions/printkey.htm
Special Collections & University Archives/Iowa Women's Archives
Need help? Look for people wearing nametags with the NHD Theme Logo.