Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Hello, everyone! Welcome to the online library guide for COMM 1130. This guide contains many links to resources and library materials that will be useful to you both for your upcoming assignments in this class and for your overall future as a student here at the University of Iowa.
Please use the navigation tabs above to change pages and find the most relevant resources for your particular needs. If you have any questions that you might want more clarification about, please always feel free to email me and let me know, or schedule an appointment and we can talk more directly! My contact information is on the bottom right of this page, in the box titled "Librarian".
In This Guide
Topics Discussed in This Guide
Where to Find Almost Everything
- The best place to begin looking for materials and resources: Library Website
Talk to a Librarian
- Talk to a librarian and get an answer ASAP (9 am-5 pm M-F): Instant Chat
- Find your specific subject librarian for more specialized help: Librarians Listed by Subject
- Make an 30 minute/1 hour appointment with a librarian to help talk through your project and your current progress (9 am-5 pm M-F): Appointments
- Appointments available from 5 pm-9 pm S-Th (24 hour advance notice required): The SEAM
- Books and some (NOT ALL) database articles: InfoHawk+
- Guides with the best places to look for specific types of materials/resources: Guides
- Specific databases to search through (once you have a better idea of your research question): Databases