Gross Anatomy is the first section of the Anatomage Table program. Users are prompted to choose from 4 different cadavers; an Asian male, an Asian female, a Caucasian male, and a Caucasian female. Due to the quality of the scans used to recreate the cadavers, the bodies have differing levels of detail.
- The Asian female has the highest level of detail and is best for all levels of dissection.
- The Asian male has high bone detail and is best for studying bony structures and insertions/origins.
- The Caucasian male has the highest muscularity and is best for studying the muscle groups.
- The Caucasian female provides a great option for all levels of dissection.
Under Gross Anatomy, users are able to
- Explore human anatomy in 3D. Use the dissection and clipping tool to simulate an actual dissection.
- Use the Layout icon to view MRI and CT scans side-by-side with the dissected organs to further understanding of the body.
- View "fly-throughs" of organ systems. Experience first-hand how blood travels from the abdomen, through the heart, and out to the brain. See what it is like to be a piece of food traveling through the digestive system.
- Test your knowledge of the human body in Quiz Mode. Challenge your friends to a bone identifying competition under Game Mode.
Users have the option to screenshot the current view or screen record on the Anatomage Table. Screenshots and recordings can then be saved to a USB flash drive and opened for review on personal computers.