- To explore anatomy in 3D, select the Gross Anatomy section. Next, select the cadaver you would like to use. The Asian Female cadaver is the most detailed and is the best default choice. Highlight the cadaver of choice by tapping once to select from the cadaver list and tap Open. The cadavers take a lot of processing for the operating system to open and may take a couple minutes to load.
- The view that opens will show the entire body of the cadaver and the many tools that are at the user's disposal when exploring the cadaver. Take a minute to practice basic functions for changing the view. Swipe on the touchscreen with one finger to rotate the cadaver along any 3D plane. Swipe on the touchscreen with two fingers to reposition the body on the screen. Swipe two fingers away from each other to zoom in on the body. Swipe two fingers towards each other to zoom out on the body. Swipe two fingers on opposite ends of a circle to rotate the body along the plane of the screen.
- Once comfortable changing the view of the cadaver, practice removing structures of the body. Swipe the top slider bar at the bottom of the screen to the left to peel back layers from the cadaver. This is best for quickly removing large segments of the body. The bottom slider bar allows the user to control the number of branches of the cardiovascular, nervous, and lymphatic systems that are visible. Sliding to the left removes branches, sliding to the right adds branches.
- Next, single tap the Explore Tool icon to open the Explore menu. In the Explore menu, select the Removal tool. The Removal tool allows the user to remove individual structures one-by-one. Simply highlight the Removal tool and tap on the desired structure to remove it from the view. This is more useful than the Slider bar when only a couple structures are needed to be removed. Once a structure is removed you will notice a new icon, the Remove icon, appear in the bottom right of the view. Single tapping this icon enables a split-screen with the removed structures appearing on the right side of the touchscreen. Tapping the Remove-List icon shows a list of the removed structures. Highlight the Remove-Sync icon and tap each individual structure to return it to the cadaver.
- To individually select which structures to view on the screen, single tap the View icon. The View icon displays a list of all structures of the body sorted by organ system. To remove or add all structures of the body at once, single tap the blue check mark in the lower left region of the View menu. Single tap the organ systems to bring up a list of either the individual structures for smaller organ systems or a list of anatomical regions for larger organ systems. Either single tap the check next to the region of interest to view all structures in that region or single tap the region of interest to bring up a list of individual structures that can be viewed within that region. Single tap the check next to the individual structures to select or deselect them from the view.
Now that you have a basic understanding of how to navigate the Anatomage, see the features tab for more information and resources regarding all the table's features.