Skip to Main Content
What library instruction in Rhetoric looks like
- We work with you to plan a librarian-led instructional session that fits the needs of your class and your students.
- To request a library/information literacy instruction session, use Rhetoric Library Instruction Request Form. We prefer that you schedule your library instruction session at least 2-3 weeks in advance.
- The following list describes the types of instructional sessions available*:
- 'Standard' library introduction and basic information literacy instruction sessions (50-110 minutes)
- 50 minutes
- InfoHawk+, introduction to keyword development, boolean and phrase searching, one or two databases
- 110 minutes
- 50 minute session coverage + more active learning = more retention
- Examples of active learning include but not limited to: flipped database searching, small group work, races, etc.
- Individually tailored instruction session with conceptual and practical learning objectives