Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Enhanced Access to The Chronicle of Higher Education
The University of Iowa Libraries has purchased a subscription that provides all students, staff, and faculty complimentary, full access to The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Follow the steps below to register for a complimentary subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Click the following link to log-in using the UI Libraries subscription. https://purl.lib.uiowa.edu/chronicle
- If off-campus you will need to enter your hawkid and password to gain initial access to the site.
- If you see the message "Site license access provided by University of Iowa" in the top left corner of The Chronicle site, then you are ready for the next step. If you do not see this message, use the link provided above to re-open The Chronicle.
- Click on the 'Sign In' option at the top right corner of the page.
- Choose the 'Sign Up' tab.
- Enter your first and last name. It is essential that you enter your UI email address in this step. Your password can (and should, for the sake of security) be unique to this site. Click 'Sign Up'.
- You'll receive an email asking you to confirm your account.
- From now on you should be able to use this log-in combination -- your UI email and unique password -- to access Chronicle content without using the proxy url log-in process each time.