Newspapers and periodicals report on United Nations activities in New York and abroad. The New York Times, the Times (London), Le Monde (Paris), the Economist, and Le Monde Diplomatique include significant coverage of the United Nations. Items are held in the Main Library collection unless noted.
- Annual Review of United Nations Affairs. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana, 1949–
JX1977 .A1 A5 and Law Library
Reprints key UN documents reflecting the work of the organization on an annual basis.
- United Nations News Centre.
- A Global Agenda: Issues before the...General Assembly of the United Nations. New York: United Nations Association—USA, 1974–
JX1977 .A1 I8 (Latest Main Reference)
- Keesing's record of world events. Main Reference No Call Number
- UN Meeting Coverage and Press Releases.
A press release series is published by every UN organ and body with varying frequency. They contain the very latest information on activities within the organization. Series are also issued on various current topics (for example, the HI series covers issues related to Haiti and the IK series covers the Iraq-Kuwait crisis). Another series—the BI series—contains biographical notes about UN personnel. UN Press Releases published since 1995 are available in full text and searchable on the UN web site.
- UN Chronicle. New York: UN, 1950– (title varies)
JX1977 .A1 U564 (1964– ), JX1977 .C51 (1958–1961)
Quarterly magazine containing a summary of latest activities at the UN.
- Yearbook of the United Nations . New York: UN Dept. of Public Information (co-published by Martinus Nijhoff since 1989), 1949–
JX1977 .A37 Y4 (Latest Main Reference)
Annual authoritative publication on the activities of the organization during its most recent year. Includes extensive surveys of the activities of the principal organs with reference to resolutions, decisions, and major reports. Includes full text of the Secretary-General's "Report on the Activities of the Organization" and key resolutions. Extensive subject index. Includes summaries of activities of the major IGOs.