Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In addition to providing links to paid and free content, the University of Iowa holds World Bank publicaitons, including monographs and serials, dating from the 1950s to the present. This guide is meant to provide users a means for identifying and locating information that is available in the collection or via the internet. Many World Bank print items can be located via InfoHawk+ (add World Bank to a keyword search). Please stop by the Service Desk if you have questions or need assistance with your World Bank research questions.
Overview:The World Bank Group consists of five closely associated institutions, all owned by member countries that carry ultimate decision-making power. These institutions are: The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD); The International Development Association (IDA); The International Finance Corporation (IFC) ; The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). "World Bank" refers specifically to two of the five, IBRD and IDA. (source: World Bank "About Us")
- World Bank home page
- World Bank Annual Report. 1953- . Gov Pubs Stacks HG3881.I552. Recent issues available on IIS Microfiche 4530-S10. 1996-present available from World Bank web site .
- World Bank Group Archive. Learn about the newly accessible archive and search its contents.
- A Guide to the World Bank. Gov Pubs Reference HG3881.5.W57 G853 2003. Provides an overview of the Bank's history, organization, mission, and purpose.
- World Development Report. 1978- . Government Publications Stacks HC59.7 .W65. 1992-present available from World Bank web site . Includes statistical analysis. Each year, the report focuses on a different development issue.
Electronic and Print titles
- African Development Indicators. 2000- . Gov Pubs HC800.A1 A63 (most recent in Main Reference)
- World Bank Technical Paper Series. These titles are cataloged separately in the library catalog. Some of the earlier volumes are available in the Government Publications collection, others in the Main Library.
- World Bank Country Study Series. These titles are cataloged separately in the library catalog and available in the Main Library Collection