Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Come up with your own; these are just suggestions.
- Consider synonyms! What other terms are similar to the ones you use?
- Observe what results come up from your searches, are there other terms you missed?
- Look for links to subject headings and related articles.
- Use Boolean Searches: try linking search terms with the words AND, OR, NOT.
- Place phrases in quotation marks, but single words can be searched independently.
Common Search Terms
- interpersonal communication
- nonverbal communication
- facial expression
- social skills
- personal space
- body language
Book Search Tips
- Enter your search terms, then limit Resource Type on the left hand menu to books.
- Not all books in this catalog are considered scholarly. Read the UI Libraries' tips to help you identify academic sources.
Search for Books
Article Search Tips
- Enter your search terms across multiple databases.
- Not all articles in these databases are considered scholarly; refer to the tips to double check your findings.
Search for Articles
- Ask your librarian for more tips once you've tried the above techniques.
- Live Chat with a Librarian online Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM.
Use the APA style to cite the sources you found during your research.