Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Education & Psychology Librarian
Hi, my name is Kelly Hangauer and I am the the liaison librarian to the College of Education, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, and Linguistics. I am responsible for collection development, outreach, reference, and information literacy instruction. Please feel free to set up a research consultation, or email me to schedule instruction for your class on the research process, literature and systematic reviews, topic development, and/or citation management.
MLS, Emporia State University, 2017
B.A. History, University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2015
Publications and other Intellectual Contributions
- McNamara, S., Townsley, M., & Hangauer, K. (2021). School administrators and physical educators: A scoping review of perceptions and partnerships from 2000 to 2020. Journal of School Leadership, DOI: 1052684621990618.
- Adams, D., McNamara, S., Bittner, M., Pawlowski., J., Hangauer, K. (in press). Structured play groups for children with autism spectrum disorder: A critical review. Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals.
- Hangauer, K. (2019). Challenges to a feminized profession: How the bibliographic instruction movement transformed academic librarianship. Poster session presented at the ALA Annual Conference [online], Washington, D.C.
- Hays, L., & Hangauer, K. (2018). "Catching the SoTL bug: An interview with librarian Lauren Hays." Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Innovative Pedagogy, 1(1), 8.
- Morgan, K., & Hangauer, K. (2019, October 30). Open-pedagogical collaboration as a ready-made service. Presentation given at openEd Conference, Phoenix, AZ.
- Hangauer, K. (2018, February 26). Promoting meaningful conversation with the StoryCorps app. Presentation given at Center for Teaching and Learning Luncheon, Humboldt State University.
Awards and Honors
Recipient of the Ilene F. Rockman CARL/ACRL Conference Scholarship (2019)