Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Linking in ICON
All videos licensed by the UI Libraries can be used in ICON. Remote or off campus use requires authentication through a proxy server. Information about adding the proxy prepend to a URL can be found on the ICON links guide.
Alexander Street Press
Each video in these databases has a persistent link and an embed code. Once you find a title, click on the Embed/Link option. A new window will display the persistent URL and an embed code for the video. Copy and paste into ICON.
- Persisent Link: http://vasc.alexanderstreet.com.proxy.lib.uiowa.edu/view/1678565
- Embed Code: <div id="asp-embed-container-1678565" class="asp-embed-container"
If you find a video through InfoHawk, the URL should be provided.
JoVE - Journal of Visualized Experiments
Each video (article) in JoVe hasa persistent URL. No modification is necessary to use these links in ICON.
To link to a video from JoVe
- An authenticated persistent link to the video displays in the URL address bar on your browser
- Alternatively, there is a persistent URL in the sidebar labeled: "Share this Article"
- Copy and Paste the appropriate URL into ICON.