Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Have you exhausted resources available in North America? Is the item only available from Japanese suppliers?
- Have you checked full-text databases? If you are looking for kiyo articles, have you searched CiNii or JAIRO? If you are looking for the Meiji Era materials, have you checked WebcatPlus, NDL OPAC, or NDL's Digital Library from the Meiji Era?
- Have you double-checked holding information in individual libraries' OPACs? Which branch owns the item? Does the library have the specific volume/issue of the periodical you need?
- Have you selected the best option for your needs?
- Are you using correct ILL/DD request form? Is your request for Book, Book Chapter, Journal Article, DVD, etc.?
- Please double-check your data on ILL/DD request form. Did you include ISBN or ISSN? Is there a permanent link for the item you are looking for in the OPAC, online bookstore site, etc. you can mention in your request form? Did you included service specific instruction? Omit diacritics used for romanized Japanese!
National Diet Library's International Services
- Libraries or individual users may register with the National Diet Library to request document delivery through its online system.
- Registered libraries can lend books from the National Diet Library as well.
- Once registered, it is possible to search for articles using the Zasshi Kiji Sakuin within the NDL-OPAC and order them online.
- Payments can be made using credit card, international postal money orders, or bank transfers.
- Materials are sent by airmail.
- Check Remote User Services section for more details and registration form at http://www.ndl.go.jp/en/service/index.html.
- NDL OPAC: http://opac.ndl.go.jp/index_e.html
Waseda and Keio
Waseda University Library and Keio University Library are OCLC member libraries.
Waseda University Library
Keio University Library
Webcat/Webcat Plus Periodical Holdings Information
Check volume and publication date information carefully. The volume information string has two parts: volumes ( issues ) and < beginning and ending years of coverage >.
Here is an example of how to read holdings information:
This library has volumes published between 1970 and 2003 with some missing volumes and issues. If this is a monthly publication, the library does nothave v.14 no.9 and v.14 no.12. The empty parenthesis after volumenumber 27 indicates their v. 27 has several missing issues. If no parenthesis appears after volume numbers, the library has completeset of those volumes. This library has complete set of volume 13, 15-26, and 34-45.