Don't hesitate to get in touch!
Email us @ email@example.com
Call us @ 319-335-5299
SMS us @ 319-313-2395
In addition, try looking at our 60 Second Tutorials for to-the-point video tutorials that give you just the info you need.
Sometimes it is hard to pick a topic for your research.
1. Brainstorm. Think of at least five possibilities that fit the assignment.
2. Pick a topic that interest you. You'll be spending time reading and thinking about it, so it should be something that interests you.
3. Match your topic to the scope of the assignment.
4. Ask a question. This may not be necessary every time, but asking a question can be a helpful way to frame your research.
5. Make sure your topic fits the assignment. Reread the assignment and if you're not sure, check with your instructor.
As a student at the University of Iowa, you have access to an incredible wealth of information resources available to you through your library. We subscribe to databases that will help you find the magazine, journal, and newspaper articles you need for your academic research. To get started, watch this short lynda.com video tutorial on Databases to get a better understanding of what these tools can do for you. Access to this video is limited to University of Iowa students and staff. Login with your HawkID credentials.
University Press vs. Regular Publishers