The InterLibrary Loan and Document Delivery department of the University of Iowa Libraries provides several options for getting printed material to students on or off campus. We strive to make sure all students have equitable access to all library material, regardless of their location.
- Many journal articles are already available online. Use UILink, integrated into each UI Libraries database, to link to your article if it is available online.
- If your article is not available online, use the Request this articles by Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery link in UILink
- We will scan print articles and deliver them to you online as .pdf documents.
- Find Articles By Citation (on the Main Library webpage) will let you find specific articles or book chapters.
- Create (or update) a free account with our Document Delivery Service for these services.
- Electronic Books can be accessed through Infohawk+. E-books are available through many vendors with different licensing restrictions. Some are available to any student at any time like a website while others are available to one student at a time like a printed book.
- Printed books can be shipped to students more than 30 miles from UI's Iowa City campus. We'll pay shipping to send books to you and include instructions on how to return them to us at your expense.
- The same Document Delivery Service mentioned above will also scan and deliver pdfs of individual book chapters.