Librarians will work with you in a variety of ways by:
- Providing an overview of scholarly publishing issues
- Offering guided discussions on scholarly publishing topics
- Providing materials for distribution and discussion (see handouts on this page)
- Assisting in submitting content to the institutional repository, Iowa Research Online (IRO), and creating of a personal SelectedWorks web page.
Collections and Scholarly Communication
- Maintains local statistics on electronic resources usage and changes resulting from increased costs, etc.
- Tracks scholarly publishing developments and alternatives
- Supports publishing alternatives and non-profit endeavors
- Provides information concerning copyright and teaching/research, and copyright and author rights
- Contact Mahrya Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Scholarship & Publishing Studio
Digital Scholarship & Publishing Studio (DSPS) coordinates the development and maintenance of the University's locally-created open access digital resources and offers specialized expertise and a wide range of tools and services to support UI faculty, staff and community partners in the creation of digital projects. Depending on the nature of the materials, the intended audience, and the available resources, DSPS may be able to assist with the variety of digital services. DSPS administers:
Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
Research Data Services
The University of Iowa Libraries works in collaboration with other campus offices, including the Office of the Vice President of Research and Economic Development and Information Technology Services, to support researchers' data management needs. The Research Data Services guide is summary of the services and resources available on this campus as well as external tools, websites, and repositories that may be useful.
Please contact email@example.com to schedule a data management consultation if you would like assistance with:
- Finding existing data sets;
- Organizing and documenting your research data;
- Writing a data management plan in compliance with funding agency guidelines;
- Publishing and preserving your research data in a discipline-specific or institutional repository.