To discover the subject descriptors for your topic in LISTA:
- Click on the Thesaurus link in the banner at the top of the screen.
- Type in a likely term.
- Choose the display:
- Term begins with displays a browsable alphabetical list.
- Term contains displays all the subject descriptors that contain your term, whether it's the first word or not, and other terms to which your term is related.
- Relevancy ranked displays the exact match to your term first, if one exists, followed by subject terms "in order of relevance."
- Use for cross-references appear in all displays.
- Click on a term to see a scope note, along with broader, narrower and related terms.
Also, check out the University of Maryland's tutorial "Using a Database Thesaurus" for basic instruction.