Setting up EndNote to Find Full-Text
1. From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
2. Click on Find Full Text.
3. In the Open URL Path box, enter http://infolink.lib.uiowa.edu/sfx_local
4. If you are using EndNote from off-campus, you will need to enter https://proxy.lib.uiowa.edu/login beside the box labeled Authentication URL
5. To find full-text, select the desired references in your EndNote Library.
6. Right click and then select Find Full Text from the pop-up menu.
7. Click OK on the copyright notice. EndNote will begin looking for full-text and will track its progress in the blue side panel.
8. When EndNote finds a PDF, a paperclip appears in the attachment column, and the PDF appears in the File Attachments field of the reference. Click on the PDF to open the article. PDFs are stored in the Endnote library's .data file, in a folder called PDF.
9. If EndNote can only find an HTML version of the article, a link to that version appears in the reference's URL field.
1. From the Edit menu, select Preferences
2. Click on URLS and Links
3. Paste http://infolink.lib.uiowa.edu/sfx_local into the box labeled ISI Base URL. You can now click OK.
4. To use InfoLink, click on a record, then go to the References menu and select URL and then OpenURL Link. The InfoLink window should appear.