Welcome to the University of Iowa Libraries' LibGuide for the Graduate College Information Fair. You can use this guide to become familiar with the many tools and services available to you during your graduate studies.
Potentially Popular Questions
- Learning Commons Construction. Half of the first floor of the Main Library has been closed and under construction. Much of the new space will open the first day of school, August 26.
- Office Delivery. We are doing our best to serve you. One service you might like is office delivery. Just sign in to Smart Search, and see the “Request delivery links”. Also, the south entrance is closed.
- Campus Libraries include collection and staff with expertise in your research area.
- Circulation Policies at the University Libraries
- Graduate Study Room. See web page for more details and application.
- Smart Search. Search the library's print and media collection, find key databases and electronic journals, plus photographs and digital material from the Iowa Digital Library.
- RefWorks for keeping track of your articles and books and generating bibliographies on the fly. Free to UI students.
- Resources by Subject to find the key tools in your field, plus personal subject librarians.
- Off-campus? No problem, but use the links on the Libraries' web site. You'll need to key in your HawkID and password.
- Need to borrow a laptop? Stop by the Main Library's Information Desk.
- PCs? Stop by any of the Campus Libraries
Be aware of this button when searching databases. If you end up with just a citation or abstract, the InfoLink button will help you track down a copy of an article in another database, or in print by way of the Library's catalog. If something is not available on campus, you can ask the Libraries to get it for you via Interlibrary Loan.