The CIC has made available 16mm films to members. These films are located at the University of Iowa Main Library. 85 films are available to users at CIC institutions for use in classrooms, independent studies, and research. Once a title is found, University of Iowa users can ask at the Main Library Service Desk for the 16mm film to be retrieved from storage. For users in a CIC library, your local interlibrary loan department should be contacted as the films will be lent out via the interlibrary loan service.
Please return films in the same way they are shipped to you; rewound with the ends fastened with paper, film tape, or flatback tape. Please do not use plastic tape on film prints.
1. Locate the title and OCLC number for the film, using this guide.
2. Have the Interlibrary Loan staff at your library submit a request to the University of Iowa Interlibrary Loan department.
3. Wait for the film to arrive, like a normal Interlibrary Loan item.
1. Locate the title call number for the film, using this guide or InfoHawk.
2. Ask the Service Desk staff at the Main Library to retrieve the film.
3. You can check out the film for 4 hours or for classroom use.