Don't limit your search to full text only
- Checking the boxes for "Full Text Articles" or "Page Image (PDF)" will restrict the results to full text articles only within the Library Lit database itself.
- If Library Lit lacks the full text of an article you need, follow InfoLink to locate full text in other electronic resources.
Play with subject headings and keywords
- Consult the database's thesaurus to identify other relevant headings.
- No heading in the thesaurus that matches your topic? Try keyword searching instead.
- SmartText Searching, on the Advanced Search screen, allows you to enter any type of text, including phrases, sentences, or whole paragraphs copied from other sources. The results are sometimes surprising and may include relevant articles you wouldn't find otherwise.
- From the full record display, you can combine and search the record's subject descriptors.
Follow threads among the records to discover more relevant works.
- When you find a relevant entry, always look to see what subject headings have been assigned to it.
- The most common subject headings in a set of retrieved records are displayed on the left of the screen. Click on any that interest you.
- Limiting your search to "References Available" retrieves only articles with footnotes or bibliographies, which you can then review for more leads.