The CRAAP Test
The tabs in this box represent some of the ways you can evaluate the information you come across as you do research online. You have to decide which information to read and trust, and these pointers can help. It's called the CRAAP test to help make it easy to remember:
C - Currency
R - Relevance/Coverage
A - Authority
A - Accuracy
P - Purpose
Be sure to think critically about the information provided:
- What are the claims being made by the author(s)?
- What evidence is provided to support those claims?
- How does the information offered on this site relate to what is provided in other sources, both non-print and print?
- How could the information be verified? Is the information specific?
- How is the information related to your research question?
- Does the information address the complexities and significant factors of the topic?
- Do you need to consider another point of view?
- Is there another way to look at this question?
- Does all of this make sense?