What is EndNote Desktop?
EndNote Desktop is a client-based bibliographic management software program for organizing and formatting citations for publication.
EndNote Desktop vs. EndNote Basic
|EndNote Desktop||EndNote Basic|
|Pricing||Free for faculty, staff, and graduate students - $113.95 for undergraduate students||Free|
|Attachment Storage||Unlimited||2 GB|
|Bibliographic Formatting Styles||6,000+||3,300+|
|Send references directly from online databases||500+||500+|
|Search online resources from within EndNote||6,000+||1,800+|
|Formatting in Microsoft Word||Yes||Yes|
|One-click 'Find Full Text'||Yes||No|
|Automatic reference updating||Yes||No|
|Advanced reference organization||Yes||No|
Frequently Asked Questions about EndNote Desktop via the UI Libraries
View the answers to these questions here.
- How do I move references from RefWorks to EndNote Desktop?
- Can I install EndNote Desktop at no cost to myself?
- How can I attach a PDF to my reference?
- How can I connect to InfoLink through EndNote?
- How can I make EndNote automatically convert abbreviated journal names to full journal names?
- How can I find full text articles for my citations?
600 Newton Rd.
Iowa City, IA 52242-1098
Clinical Education Librarian